Each year, the third Thursday of May marks Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). This May, the UC Tech Conference planning team announced their partnership with the UC Electronic Accessibility Committee in shaping content for the conference. This resulted in the largest number of accessibility-focused sessions in the 41-year history of the conference. Below are the 16 conference presentations that will ensure that conference attendees are aware of exciting developments in the rapidly evolving field of digital accessibility.
Accessibility presentations not to be missed at the UC Tech 2023 Conference
- SiteImprove: Insights for improving User Experience
- SiteImprove: Identify and Remediate Priority Accessibility issues
- Disrupting Our Normal: Reimagining the Cultural Blueprint of DEIBJA
- Bias and Data Loss in Transcript Generation
- Leveraging Student Workers to Improve Digital Accessibility
- The Accessibility Mindset: Moving Beyond Fixing, Remediating, and Adapting
- Getting a handle on websites at your campus
- The story of a website bringing together the UCLA Community
- The Accessibility, Privacy, and Information Security Trifecta
- Resilient Multimedia: Best Practices in Higher Education
- Diversifying Leadership Development
- Usability Testing & Surveys: A data-driven, user-centered approach to designing Canvas templates
- Disabled Technologists – Inclusivity in a Remote First World
- Influencing an Inclusive Climate: Health IT Edition
- Easy-Bake Accessible Videos: No-Cost Options for Adding, Posting, and Downloading Captions
- Program Management Tools for a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Work Environment – A Case Study
To learn more, please visit: 2023 UC Tech Agenda webpage.
Register for UC Tech 2023 – Tickets still available to register online
Please join us for a chance to meet other members of our community who are interested in accessibility, learn about other accessibility projects across the UC campuses, and help make UC a more accessible system. Register for UC Tech online today!
Stay Connected with the UC Tech 2023 Conference
There are several ways to stay informed or ask questions about UC Tech:
- Be sure to subscribe to the UC IT Blog where we will share announcements.
- Be added to the UC Tech mailing list.
- Email questions to the UC Tech Programming Committee at email@example.com.
- Join the conversation on Slack #uctech-conference and/or #events.