The UC Tech Annual Conference returns Monday, July 17 – Wednesday, July 19, 2023. UC Berkeley and UCSF will jointly host the conference, which take place at UC Berkeley. Below, learn more about how you, your team or those in your circles can: (1) present at the conference; (2) submit/be nominated to receive a UC Tech Award; (3) register as a participant; (4) become a sponsor; and/or (5) help spread-the-word.
What is UC Tech 2023?
The UC Tech Annual Conference is a three-day event hosted each year by one or more of the 19 locations that comprise the University of California. The objective is to celebrate innovation and promote collaboration within the technology community. Annually, UC locations rotate hosting this popular event, now attended by hundreds of members of the UC tech community. The year it was founded in 1982, there were 20 participants. Today, it has grown to over 744 attendees (about 50% in-person and 50% online in 2023). Each day features educational talks, delivered by UC tech peers, as well as a trade floor, where you can meet vendors and others. In addition, there is an opportunity to recognize colleagues during an awards ceremony and dinner on Tuesday, July 18.
Benefits of participating include:
- Sharing with 744+ UC tech colleagues, including senior leaders
- Presentations + the awards ceremony will be recorded and available as a learning tool for registered participants and as a professional online asset to those who are featured during the conference (please apply for both opportunities)
- Photographers and bloggers will document the event with cameos of the members of the UC tech community
- Conference registration will be waived for the primary presenter in presentation groups
- And more – stay tuned!
Mark your calendar for the following upcoming dates and deadlines related to the UC Tech 2023 Conference:
- Conference presentation proposals due on Tuesday, February 21, 2023 (Learn more during this webinar: Friday, Feb. 17, 2:05 – 2:30 p.m.)
- Conference sponsor applications due Friday, March 10, 2023
- Conference registration opens on Monday, April 17, 2023
- Recognition awards applications due Monday, May 1, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
- Conference dates: opening Monday July 17– closing Wednesday, July 19, 2023, with 3 days of programming and an awards dinner and ceremony Tuesday, July 18, 2023.
[All dates are subject to change.]
Help spread the word
While participation in the university’s annual technology conference has grown nearly 2.3x in the last decade (from 225 in 2014 to 744 in 2023), participation is still less than 10% of the UC tech community (last year ~7.1% of the UC IT community attended in-person or online).
Please share the above opportunities with your colleagues and encourage them to capitalize on this enormous resources available ONLY at the University of California, with 9,755+ IT employees in 19 locations, and a legacy of over 41 years of high-level IT collaboration and progress. They won’t want to miss this important opportunity.
To learn more about the conference, visit this UC Tech 2023 Conference website.