By Derek Shue. The UC IT blog news team is proud to be celebrating Juneteenth on June 19th and LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Asexual) Pride Month throughout the month of June.
The UC Tech community hopes to learn more about people with experiences both like – and different from – their own. To that end, we hope those with a passion for Juneteenth and/or LGBTQIA+ Pride share your insights so we can learn more about you and your views. Please join us by emailing: UCITblog@ucop.edu.
Please feel free to share:
- Your current title/role, the name of your department and your UC location
- A photo of yourself – either casual or a formal headshot
Also, feel free to add:
- A few words about what you find most meaningful about your work
- Background on you. Do you identify as LGBTQIA+? Are there traditions for Juneteenth and/or LGBTQIA+ Pride that are meaningful to you that we might share? How is your identity meaningful to you in the context of your work, etc?
- Are there any UC events or news sources that you suggest we share with the UC IT community that relate to your identity and/or work topics of interest to you?
We would be happy to use the above to write about you for our blog, if you agree to that. As always, please provide any feedback/ideas you have for the UC IT blog:
- Email UCITblog@ucop.edu
About the UC IT news blog
The University of California (UC) Information Technology (IT) blog informs and connects those working in the technology field at the university, along with those working closely with university technologies. It is created by the UC Tech community – with nearly 10,000 members across 19 UC locations. The Information Technology Services (ITS) Department at the UC Office of the President publishes each weekly issue thanks to hundreds of contributors. As one of our readers commented recently, “It’s the only systematic way I can hear what’s going on across the UC in IT.”
Each month, since the UC IT news blog began in 2015, we celebrate readers and the growing list of influencers/contributors who send content, connect on our social channels, and/or provide feedback or insights. Check out our impact on our About Page, and send us your insights. We welcome all who care to join us in shaping the UC IT new blog in 2023 and beyond.
[Featured image caption/ AltText: The Progress Pride Flag: The rainborw colors with the updated angled lines on the left (including brown and black) celebrates the diversity of the LGBTQIA+ community and calls for a more inclusive society.]