By Ahna Ligtenberg Heller. The Information Security Symposium will return virtually on June 20-21, 2023. The event will be complimentary for all guests and is now accepting proposals for presentations through March 31, 2023. Interested in attending, sponsoring or presenting? Learn more here.
About the symposium
This Information Security Symposium, a biennial event now in its 11th year, will provide an exciting opportunity for information technology staff from every University of California campus, along with other guests, to exchange information, experiences, and ideas. The two days will provide critical information and will feature a variety of tracks. The theme for the virtual symposium this year is “Evolve”— meeting the increased need for security in an ever-changing world. An estimated 800 security and compliance professionals, among other interested professionals, will attend. For more information, please visit the Information Security Symposium website
About the presentations: lectures, panels, or hands-on labs
Information Security Symposium lecture and panel discussions covering technical and non-technical information security and compliance topics last 45 or 90 minutes, including Q&A, and hands-on labs, which take 90 minutes. Please visit the Information Security Symposium Presentation Proposals landing page further instructions. Proposals are due March 31, 2023, but can be refined through mid-April.
The symposium theme is “Evolve” and presentations can include any of the following subjects:
- Security Architecture, Engineering, and Operations
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Healthcare Security
- Research Security
- Security Tools and Services
- Security Fundamentals
- Security Professional Development, Managing, and Leadership
Benefits of presenting
Conference presenters will gain valuable speaking experience, plus a unique opportunity to network with the information security and compliance community.
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. We look forward to your participation in the 2023 Symposium.
Benefits of attending
- Meet or reconnect with your peers from UC locations.
- Learn from professionals outside the university.
- Exchange ideas and solutions related to a wide range of security activities.
- Sharing ideas, best practices, and innovations helps us all improve—and helps “evolve” our perspectives as the information security world continues to change.
- Presentations: Issfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship/other: email@example.com
- Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
This project was submitted by Ahna Ligtenberg Heller, UC Davis, on behalf of the The 2023 Information Security Symposium Planning Committee. We are grateful for their contribution