Register for the UCSC Digital Equity Webinar, happening December 2, at noon. This virtual event is a panel discussion with Jacob Martinez, UCSC Alumnus and Founder and Executive Director of Digital NEST, Brian Hall, UCSC Chief Information Security Officer, and Cecelia Carillo, UCSC Compliance Coordinator, Cecilia Carrillo.
What is Digital Equity
Digital Equity is creating equal access technology that enables individuals to participate in society. The five components of digital equity include:
- Affordable, robust broadband Internet service.
- Internet-enabled devices that meet the needs of the user.
- Access to digital literacy training. This means that individuals know how to use and navigate digital software and hardware in a way that supports their needs and use.
- Quality technical support. If an individual runs into a technical issue, they should have access to help and support to resolve the issue.
- Applications and online content designed to enable and encourage self-sufficiency, participation and collaboration.
This virtual event is part of the Protecting Your Digital Self Series, presented by the UC Systemwide Cyber Champions team.