The 2020 California Higher Education Collaborative (CHEC) Conference will be held September 29 – October 1, 2020, in Indian Wells, CA. This year’s theme is “New Opportunities – Common Challenges.”
This annual conference convenes administrative leaders and professionals from the three segments of California public higher education – UC, Cal State University (CSU), and the California Community Colleges (CCC) – to encourage the exchange of ideas and practices that can improve administrative performance, service, and outcomes.
The UC IT community is encouraged to represent UC at the conference and submit a session proposal by May 1, 2020.
Proposals should pertain to at least one of the following themes:
- Accessibility: Submissions to this track should focus on technologies and practical solutions that can be utilized to remove the barriers that preclude the full participation of persons with disabilities in workplace and educational settings.
- Communication: Submissions to this track should focus on practical guidance for more effective communication in today’s higher education environment.
- Innovation: Submissions to this track should focus on new approaches to satisfying the expectations of campus constituencies (students, staff, faculty, visitors).
- Risk & Safety: Submissions to this track should focus on new ideas, compelling insights, and effective strategies for reducing risk and improving safety.
- Sustainability: Submissions to this track should focus on general sustainability on campuses, energy issues associated with higher education institutions, community partnerships and actions, and campus recycling/reduction initiatives.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.