Registration for the 2019 UCTech Conference, held at UC Santa Barbara, July 15-17, is now open! This year’s theme is “IT Uncorked – Unleashing the potential of our IT ingenuity”.
From its humble beginnings as a 21-attendee “academic” software meeting in 1982 at UC Santa Barbara to the annual conference now known as UCTech, UCSB is thrilled to host 2019’s event.
Formerly known as the University of California Computing Services Conference (UCCSC), UCTech is predicted to bring between 500 and 700 IT professionals, including students and faculty, from across the University of California.
Who should attend UCTech?
UCTech welcomes all UC staff and faculty who have an association with or interest in information technology. Subjects for presentations are generally intended for IT professionals, but numerous sessions cover broader subjects: project management, service delivery, procurement, etc.
Participants include technical support staff, system administrators, unit directors and managers, librarians, information security experts, service managers, and others.
If you want to learn how other campuses address technology issues and challenges or build a network of professional IT colleagues from the UC system, you should attend UCTech 2019.
- If you haven’t done so already, create a profile on the UCTech 2019 website prior to registering.
- Once you login, you can register for the UCTech 2019 Conference.
- Be sure to click on the final button on the registration form to complete your checkout. Upon registration, you will receive an email that your registration was successful.
- After registering, make sure your book your lodging and join the conversation in the #uc-tech-conference group in UC Tech Slack.
- Please build your personal schedule to help gauge the popularity of sessions so the appropriately-sized venues will be booked— the schedule will be available shortly!
- If you plan on sharing photos of the conference on social media, please use the hashtag #UCTech2019.
- Please direct questions to the UC Tech 2019 Session Registration Committee.