Register for Electronic Records Management – Now, More Than Ever, a Zoom panel hosted by the UC Records Management Committee to celebrate Electronic Records Day.
The hour-long event will take place October 1, 2020 at 10:00 am. Panelists will include experts in UC archives, records management, privacy and information security. There will be tips and strategies for managing and preparing records for the archives, tools to help people manage their electronic records, a discussion about privacy issues of the day, and information about protecting digital assets.
The experts will focus on their areas of expertise in electronic records management. Each area will provide a 10-minute presentation. After the presentations there will be a Q&A.
- Marlayna Christensen has been with the UCs since 1999 and the University Archivist at UC San Diego since 2016. As University Archivist, she coordinates with offices and organizations across the campus to collect analog and digital records documenting the achievements, challenges, events, and people at UC San Diego, ranging from top administrators to student organizations.
- Kelley Walker is Information Practices Coordinator and Campus Records Manager, UC Davis Office of the Campus Counsel and concurrently serves as Interim Chief Administrative Officer for the Vice Chancellor’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion since September 2019.
- Carolyn Tuft is the Assistant Director for Business Intelligence, UCSF Real Estate. She promotes good information governance practices to better manage one of UCSF’s most valuable assets, information. Prior to this role, she was the Senior Digital Project Manager. As a PM, she facilitated moving to paper lite work processes in preparation for moving to open plan workspaces.
- Laurie Sletten is the UCOP Records Manager. She convenes the UC Records Management Committee, which by policy coordinates the ongoing systemwide development and management of policies and procedures that promote sound, efficient, and economical records management in alignment with current laws and industry best practices for the university.
- Pegah K. Parsi is the Campus Privacy Officer for UCSD where she manages a portfolio of privacy initiatives related to employees, students, applicants, alumni, and research participants.
- David Rusting is the Chief Information Security Officer at the University of California, Office of the President, where he leads the collaboration, development, and implementation of information security strategy and initiatives across the UC system.