UC campuses are gearing up for their annual October cybersecurity education campaigns.
These include a few events, open to everyone, that you may want to attend. The events are listed below, but check the event information on the systemwide security website for any updates.
- Security for Personal Apple Devices, Oct. 16, 11 am – noon; and Cybersecurity and Human Trafficking – What You Need to Know, Oct. 16 noon – 1 pm. Light lunch included. UC Office of the President, in-person only. Register here.
- UCR Cybersecurity Open House. Oct 16, 9 am – 3 pm: UC Riverside, in-person only.
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity with Giovanni Vigna, Ph.D. Oct 22, 3 pm. UC Santa Barbara, available via Zoom or join by phone at 669-900-6833 or 646-876-9923, webinar ID: 621 561 285.
- Current Trends in Theft of Intellectual Property with Nikki Betz, FBI special agent. Oct 25, 10 – 11 am. UC San Francisco, in-person only. Register here.
- RSA Conference Virtual Session – How to Build a Security Ambassador Awareness Program with Lance Spitzner, Director SANS Institute, Oct 25, 10 am. Virtual session, register here.
- When IoT Attacks – Understanding the Safety Risks Associated with Connected Devices. Oct 30, 11 am – noon. UC San Francisco, available via Zoom.