Thursday, May 16 is Global Accessibility Awareness Day, affectionately known as GAAD. The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access/inclusion and people with different abilities. That means that’s the day you
- make sure a PDF is accessible before posting it,
- take a free online accessibility class in the UC Learning Center or Siteimprove Academy,
- check for accessibility before buying online tools and systems,
- read UC’s short and powerful accessibility policy,
- get a free account to use the Siteimprove web accessibility checker, and
- understand that accessibility means better usability for all!
Join the movement!