We’ve created a UC IT Professionals Network on LinkedIn for you to view profiles of and connect with your colleagues in IT across UC. The group is limited to current and former UC IT professionals. If you do not already have a profile on LinkedIn, you need to create one to join. The first fifty people to join the group will be entered into a drawing to win $50 Amazon gift cards.
Here are some ideas for how to use this group.
- Find colleagues with expertise in a specific area of IT (e.g., security, networking, student systems, informatics…).
- Get feedback about a technology you’re considering.
- Share ideas and interesting articles.
- Share updates about projects your team is working on.
Please join the UC IT Professionals Network LinkedIn group and encourage your colleagues to join too.
How to Join:
- Log into LinkedIn.
- Go to the UC IT Professionals Network LinkedIn Group.
- Select “Ask to join.”
- Your request will be reviewed and UC IT professionals will be granted membership.
How to access the group and search for members and skillsets:
- At the top of your LinkedIn homepage, scroll your mouse over Interests.
- Select Groups.
- Select My Groups.
- Select UC IT Professionals Network.
- To search for members, go to the Members section on the right and click on the number of members in the group, which will take you to the searchable members list.
- To search for a specific skillset, select the word Advanced to the right of the search icon at the top of the screen. Type the skillset in keywords, select UC IT Professionals Network under Groups, and click search.