Innovation and “pushing the envelope” is in my work DNA. So when there’s a chance to go speak to a group of innovators, you can count me in. I was thrilled to attend the Mobility and the Modern Web Conference at UCLA. I met people from more than 50 campuses across the country who talked about the latest and greatest in the mobile space. I gave a keynote about how the role of IT and makeup of our teams are changing and how we must evolve in order to have strategic value to the institutions. If we stand still, we become a utility! I usually can create some “shock value” with groups, but not with this crew . . . These were the “edge collaborators.” I learned from them, and most importantly, they came up and challenged me. I love that! They spoke of the challenges of being an innovator within the UC system today and how many barriers they experience in bringing their innovations into operation. This got me thinking (again) – how do we unleash the power and energy of 7000 IT professionals within the UC? Where’s the tipping point? Do you know?
Mobility and Modern Web
- UC IT Blog: The Year Ahead
- UC User Experience Usability Workshop 2022
- ChatGPT, parlor trick or more? For research, to write this blog…?
- Being part of every research discovery at the university – in conversation with James Seddon, UC San Diego
- Looking back and looking forward
- UC Santa Barbara’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training program celebrates first birthday
- UC Office of the President Technology Delivery Services releases annual review
- Introducing Heinz Yu and reflecting on being Filipino-American
- UC Davis Information & Education Technology revamps their jobs site to support IT recruiting
- Introducing UC Santa Barbara’s new Associate Vice Chancellor for Information Technology