Innovation and “pushing the envelope” is in my work DNA. So when there’s a chance to go speak to a group of innovators, you can count me in. I was thrilled to attend the Mobility and the Modern Web Conference at UCLA. I met people from more than 50 campuses across the country who talked about the latest and greatest in the mobile space. I gave a keynote about how the role of IT and makeup of our teams are changing and how we must evolve in order to have strategic value to the institutions. If we stand still, we become a utility! I usually can create some “shock value” with groups, but not with this crew . . . These were the “edge collaborators.” I learned from them, and most importantly, they came up and challenged me. I love that! They spoke of the challenges of being an innovator within the UC system today and how many barriers they experience in bringing their innovations into operation. This got me thinking (again) – how do we unleash the power and energy of 7000 IT professionals within the UC? Where’s the tipping point? Do you know?
Mobility and Modern Web
- UC Gets Discount for Amazon Web Services
- Register for Process Palooza – March 25 at UC San Diego
- Register for the Information Practices Conference, Jan. 28, at UCSD
- Recording Available for “The First Woman Man” Webinar
- UCSF Women in Tech Hosts Panel at Sharecase 2019
- Webinar: UC and FireEye Present the Higher-Ed Cybersecurity Strategy
- A Product Mindset and Joy at Work: UCSC ITS Reorganizes
- UC Health Is Wired!
- UCB Team Honored as PeopleSoft Innovators
- Call for Proposals for CENIC Annual Conference