Innovation and “pushing the envelope” is in my work DNA. So when there’s a chance to go speak to a group of innovators, you can count me in. I was thrilled to attend the Mobility and the Modern Web Conference at UCLA. I met people from more than 50 campuses across the country who talked about the latest and greatest in the mobile space. I gave a keynote about how the role of IT and makeup of our teams are changing and how we must evolve in order to have strategic value to the institutions. If we stand still, we become a utility! I usually can create some “shock value” with groups, but not with this crew . . . These were the “edge collaborators.” I learned from them, and most importantly, they came up and challenged me. I love that! They spoke of the challenges of being an innovator within the UC system today and how many barriers they experience in bringing their innovations into operation. This got me thinking (again) – how do we unleash the power and energy of 7000 IT professionals within the UC? Where’s the tipping point? Do you know?
Mobility and Modern Web
- Sec_rity Is Not Complete without U!
- Save the Date: Nov. 20 UC WIT Webinar
- UC IT in the News
- UC San Diego Health Earns 2019 CHIME HealthCare’s Most Wired Recognition
- UC Health Data Day 2019: Featuring the Learning Health (Record) System
- UC Irvine, UC Riverside Scientists Identify a New World for Hackers
- October Is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Redesigning the UC Undergraduate Application – with Students in Mind
- Connect at EDUCAUSE – Don’t Miss the UC IT Dinner
- Revisiting the UCTech Slack Workspace