Innovation and “pushing the envelope” is in my work DNA. So when there’s a chance to go speak to a group of innovators, you can count me in. I was thrilled to attend the Mobility and the Modern Web Conference at UCLA. I met people from more than 50 campuses across the country who talked about the latest and greatest in the mobile space. I gave a keynote about how the role of IT and makeup of our teams are changing and how we must evolve in order to have strategic value to the institutions. If we stand still, we become a utility! I usually can create some “shock value” with groups, but not with this crew . . . These were the “edge collaborators.” I learned from them, and most importantly, they came up and challenged me. I love that! They spoke of the challenges of being an innovator within the UC system today and how many barriers they experience in bringing their innovations into operation. This got me thinking (again) – how do we unleash the power and energy of 7000 IT professionals within the UC? Where’s the tipping point? Do you know?
Mobility and Modern Web
- UC Gets 5 Agreements for Assistive Technologies
- Calling All Tech Staff: Add Your Voice to Systemwide IT Assessment
- Register: GDPR Virtual Workshop, May 26￼
- Year Up Interns Get into the IT Field at UCSF
- Apply for the UC Tech Awards Now!
- The UC IT Leadership Academy: Celebrating 5 Participant Cohorts
- Smartphone, M.D.: Going Viral
- UC Tech Conference Returns to UC San Diego—and Virtually, August 15-17
- UC San Diego Data Science Undergrads Help Keep K-12 Students COVID-Safe
- Register for Accessibility Demystified: Global Accessibility Awareness Day Webinar