Innovation and “pushing the envelope” is in my work DNA. So when there’s a chance to go speak to a group of innovators, you can count me in. I was thrilled to attend the Mobility and the Modern Web Conference at UCLA. I met people from more than 50 campuses across the country who talked about the latest and greatest in the mobile space. I gave a keynote about how the role of IT and makeup of our teams are changing and how we must evolve in order to have strategic value to the institutions. If we stand still, we become a utility! I usually can create some “shock value” with groups, but not with this crew . . . These were the “edge collaborators.” I learned from them, and most importantly, they came up and challenged me. I love that! They spoke of the challenges of being an innovator within the UC system today and how many barriers they experience in bringing their innovations into operation. This got me thinking (again) – how do we unleash the power and energy of 7000 IT professionals within the UC? Where’s the tipping point? Do you know?
Mobility and Modern Web
- Population Health Boot Camp: Q&A with Dr. Amy Sitapati
- 2019 Sautter Awards Announced!
- Meet the Educational Technology Leadership Committee
- UC IT Innovation Awards Presented by Cisco
- Hummingbird: UCSC’s Small but Mighty Open-Access Computational Cluster
- Enter the #UCTech2019Photo Instagram Contest!
- Scientists Create Fire-Retardant Sensors for Safety Gear in Harsh Environments
- UCLA Health Receives Award for Technologies that Improve Patient Outcomes
- UC Riverside Students Check out Laptops from Kiosks
- New Jobs Tab in the UC IT Blog