Our world continues to change before our eyes. IT is woven more and more into the fabric of our daily lives at home and at work. As IT professionals this means we have a great opportunity to shape the future of how we work and to help advance the UC mission (hint: our Guiding Statement). There is also a shift to a new paradigm – the so-called democratization of IT – with the help of companies like Google, Twitter, and Apple. IT people no longer have control over the technology and tools. Everyone does. So how do we adapt to these changes and also help our customers leverage the power and opportunity that comes with technology? What are your thoughts on how we as an IT group need to evolve? I invite you to brainstorm with me.
What do we need to be as an IT organization?
- A Fight to Map Change: The UCSF Health Atlas Reveals Social Inequities
- Register Now! Oct. 14 Virtual UC Cyber Security Summit
- With a Hop, a Skip and a Jump, High-Flying Rrobot Leaps Over Obstacles With Ease
- Celebrate Electronic Records Management Day on Oct. 1
- A Home for Hands-on Student Innovation: UC Berkeley’s Jacobs Institute
- UCI Supports Students with Free Technological Resources
- UC’s Got a New Payroll System: What’s Next?
- Register to Attend the UCI Women in Tech Panel
- Kubernetes in the Cloud: UCSD Explores Containers
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference Goes Virtual: Register Now