- How to Get Involved in the EDUCAUSE Community
- Where’s the Bear? Automatic Image Classification for Wildlife Research
- Spotlight: UCSC’s Tristan Carkeet – Art, IT, and Film
- Webinar Tomorrow: EDUCAUSE Wants You!
- UC Riverside Awarded $3.2 Million to Develop Innovative Smart Buses
- Upcoming Webinar: EDUCAUSE Wants You!
- “Ask Me Anything” about the UCCSC 2017
- What do a parking lot, a U.S. president, and the University of California have in common?
- 4 Qualities of Path-Bending Leaders
- Upcoming Webinar: How the UCLA Library Provides Virtual Services to Staff and the General Campus
- Greater than the Sum of Its Parts: Smart Manufacturing Institute Launches
- Reporting from the UC Leadership Academy for IT
By Rich Wolski, Computer Science Professor, UC Santa Barbara. At the Sedgwick Reserve in Santa Barbara County, hundreds of thousands of animal photos are generated each month by remote, motion-detection camera traps. These images are used continuously to determine species…
By Alison Spencer, UCB Student Intern, UCOP. As a digital media specialist for UC Santa Cruz’s film department, Tristan Carkeet sees himself as working in the space where art meets technology. In addition to teaching students how to use video…